Monday, September 1, 2008

Truth Observed



This summer I have been leading a group through the Truth Project and it truly has been fun, while also challenging me and our whole group of how we view the state, family, marriage, God, philosophy, and so much more.

As I have led the group I have frequently turned to Del Tackett's blog, (the professor that teaches the classes in the DVD). When I went to Colorado in June to visit Denver Seminary I was able to run by Focus on the Family Institute (a great leadership training program I would encourage anyone under the age of 26 to check out) where I first took Del's class and catch the end of his last class. It was just like I was back into the mode I was in when I heard his introductory lecture in Fall 05, but I knew things were different now.

After he finished his lecture he told me that he would be going on a rafting trip through the Grand Canyon beginning the Monday following with top evolutionary scholars, creation scholars, and scientists to see if the Grand Canyon gave evidence for God. I was excited first that he was rafting, but even more when I thought about it of the impact of his trip. Check out his blog posts over the last couple months to see what he saw and hear his thought from being on the river...

Rafting gives me another sense of the glory and power of God's creation.

Here are a few pics from my trip in late July.

Heading into Tunnel Shoot


Flying Down



It's a beautiful thing to see God's glory and beauty in a whole new way.

No comments: