Saturday, July 12, 2008

Dunes and Drive-In

Yesterday was a really fun day off of work. I love doing fun things even though I struggle to get myself out to do them a lot of the time. Does anyone else struggle to get themselves out to do what you love? Maybe it's a problem that I don't really believe what I believe is really real? (Enter Truth Project line...)

So Yesterday I played tennis in the morning for about an hour with Sheila before convincing her to play a few holes of disc golf, she acquiesced pretty easily...

In the afternoon I had some family friends from Missouri that drove all the way up from LA to see me for a few hours and they took Sheila and I out to Oceano Dunes.

I had never really been out in the dunes before, but we rented some dune buggies (using the secret Missouri discount) and had a blast driving up down and around the dunes while only getting stuck a couple times...I'll get pictures up when I get them. It was so fun to see them and hear a bit about what's going on in their lives and just have a fun adventure with them (the last time I saw them I went surfing for the first time in CA 1 year ago). They are so fun to be around and MAKE ME have a good time.

Right after we joined Tim to head out to the Sunset Drive-In to see Wall-e and Get Smart in the back of a great borrowed truck, thanks Chad! The back of this truck was amazing and it was so fun to see the movies.

Wall-e made me think about our technology overdosed culture and the impact it has on our relationships, health, lifestyle, and overall well-being. Check out what the Constructive Curmudgeon has to say about Wall-e.

It's so fun to read the Constructive Curmudgeon's blog after actually meeting him...

No comments: