Sunday, June 29, 2008

I Love the Angels


Last week in college group we talked about the different things in life that bring us joy as we looked at Philippians 4 and when I talked about joy and happiness I immediately thought of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (even though I'm not a big fan of their "LA" move). My dad, uncles, cousins and I love to watch baseball and especially the Angels and Cardinals. After Fall of 2002 I got the World Series DVD as a gift from my parents and proceeded to watch it about a dozen times over my Christmas break from High School.


I remember watching Spiezio's 3-run homer in game 6 that brought the Angels back into the game. Then I had the thrill of a lifetime of going out to Game 7 with my dad and seeing the Angels win their first ever World Series.

It is amazing how tied you can get to a sports team and the desire to see them do well. Last night they no-hit the Dodgers for 8 innings and still lost, but they won today. Check out their website, one of my top visited sites, Angels Do you follow a sports team "religiously"? Which team?

No comments: