Friday, June 6, 2008

Finally Hopping On the Blog Train

After months of thinking about starting a blog and putting it off I am finally hopping on to the blog scene. At many points throughout my weeks I have thoughts I want to lay out and get feedback on and this morning after reading an article, The Greener Grass Conspiracy, I realized my intent desire to find my joy and satisfaction in what I am doing and the relationships I am in.

The article also brought out one of my favorite Jim Elliot quotes that my sisters commonly shared with each other across the miles and I joined in on, Wherever you are, Be all There. I can't be everywhere that I want to be or doing something "fun" all the time. There are the simple mundane tasks that I must do at some point (like cleaning the bathroom that I am putting off now) and I need to seek joy in doing them and to glorify God in whatever I do. Wherever I am and whatever I do I must submit it all before the Lord.

God, I pray that you will bring me joy and show me the ways that you are at work in my life and in the lives of those around me.

No comments: