Friday, December 5, 2008

Give Me Your Eyes

What would it look like to view the world out of God's eyes? To see the world with the beauty of His creation, but recognize how far each human has fallen from His design? What about seeing all of the children starving, broken hearted men and women, hopeless people? How do we respond to all of the needs of our world?

These questions have come up in my mind quite often over the last few weeks especially after hearing the song "Give me your eyes" by Brandon Heath. At a Missions sharing night at Grace Church, SLO one of the missionaries put their pictures up with the song and it totally moved me to want to see the world more like God sees it.

I sometimes feel as if I am too broken and weary to make any difference on the massive needs of this world. It's at those times I need to remember that Jesus calls me to "come to me all you are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your soul." (Matthew 11:27-29)

Check out Brandon Heath's music video for "Give Me Your Eyes"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt,
Aaron C turned me toward your blog address. How's the seminary process going?
-Bex

Matt said...

Coach Bex,
Good to hear from you. How are you? I'm actually headed out to Covenant Theological Seminary in St. Louis, MO this weekend for a scholarship interview and it is my top pick. I'm in the running for a full tuition scholarship from the Kern Foundation.

At this point I'm planning on starting up at Covenant in the fall and going from there. This summer I'll be back down in SoCal for a couple weeks with Krista's wedding and some time before I head out to St. Louis.

How's everything going at VCHS?